3. Update route tables
- Let’s review & update the route-tables:
- Click on Route Tables and select the Main route table associated with the Default VPC:
- You’ll notice that there’s no default route for IPv6 towards the Internet Gateway (IGW), let’s add it.
- Click on “Edit routes” & click “Add route” on next screen.
- Add a route for “::/0” towards the Internet Gateway as shown in this picture and click “Save Routes”
- Once route is successfully added, next screen will confirm the process. Click “Close” to revert back to “Route Tables” page.
- Our route table would now have both IPv4 & IPv6 default route towards Internet as shown in this screen shot: